Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

A Nobel Prize? For Me?

Yesterday the recipient of the Nobel Prize in Literature was revealed. To be honest, I did not even know there was a Nobel Prize in Literature. So imagine my surprise when I learned that Mo Yan had won the award for 2012.

What surprised me most was not that Mo Yan is a Chinese citizen... I think that's great. What surprised me was that the Swedish Academy described his work as having "hallucinatory realism."

When I heard those words, it was as if the Swedish Academy was describing my own book, The Complete Bubby Anthology. Seriously, how could anything in The Complete Bubby Anthology be described as real without the aid of some sort of hallucinogen?

So, for anyone reading this blog who might be considered a "Qualified Nominator" by the Swedish Academy, I submit for your consideration a book with true "hallucinatory realism," The Complete Bubby Anthology.

In the meantime, I will await the Swedish Academy's phone call in October next year to inform me that I have won the 2013 Nobel Prize in Literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment