Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Women and Men

I recently saw the following clip from The Colbert Report that reminded me of my mentality when I was a high schooler writing the tales of Bubby:

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
The Plight of Platonic Relationships
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogVideo Archive

After watching this video, it made me rethink how into James Blunt the girl was that he was singing about.

Also, Mr. Colbert reminded me that Bubby has the sort of mentality that believes that women think as highly of him as he does of them. In high school I was convinced that girls would be thinking about me the way I thought about them (even though I could never seem to find any that did). Thus, in early stories, Bubby has no difficulty getting the girls. It isn't until around episode five that Roseli challenges him a bit on it (which shows that I must have been maturing somewhat by then).

No comments:

Post a Comment