Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Project Solo

The countdown to when the Kindle edition of The Complete Bubby Anthology goes on sale for FREE is just days away.

As suggested on multiple sites, I was encouraged to find outlets to spread the word of this free promotion. However, I'll leave that discussion for a future post.

In the meantime, I was curious to see what would happen if I gave away a book for free, but didn't tell anyone about it. Enter "Project Solo," in which Bubby I - Wanted: A Hero like None Other would be offered as the sacrificial lamb on Friday and Saturday to see what would happen.

Prior to the promotion, the book had peaked at #115,587 (in the Paid list).

When I looked at the book on Friday, shortly after noon, the book was already at #4,096 (in the Free list)!

By the end of the day on Friday, it had moved up to #3,307!

Imagine my joy on Saturday morning when I saw that Bubby I had reached #3,257:


Alas, it seems that Saturday morning was to be its peak. Slowly, Bubby I began to fall. At the time of this post, with about three hours to go, the book is at #4,644 (What the book will be ranked when it returns to the Paid list is difficult to determine).

As I saw the rankings slip, I was tempted to announce the promotion to build support. Alas, the scientist in me continues to want to see how this fares against the leap I hope The Complete Bubby Anthology takes (assuming that all my promotional efforts pay off).

Anyway, I hope to see you Wednesday, when we'll drive for #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment