Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Project Half-pipe Begins Tomorrow

What is Project Half-pipe? As proposed last month, I would like to see the sales chart turn back upward. So, beginning tomorrow, the Kindle edition of The Complete Bubby Anthology will go on sale for FREE for three days.

My hope is that when my 90-day exclusivity agreement with Amazon ends (which is why I'm able to offer these free promotional days), I'll have built a big enough following that there will be a demand for the eBook version to be available at the Apple iBookstore, Barnes & Noble, Sony Reader Store, Kobo, among others.

In anticipation of this event, I've spent time focusing on promoting the free promotion, as I was directed to do by multiple sites, such as Pixel of Ink and author Laura Pepper.

Pixel of Ink suggested that the promotion run at least two days. Since I have decided on doing three days, I figure I'm in a good position.

Laura Pepper told of how her book was downloaded 350 times the first morning after her only promotional efforts were announcements on Twitter and Facebook. This is in comparison to the 47 downloads of Bubby I - Wanted: A Hero like None Other over the course of two days, with no promotional efforts.

Of course, there are a number of ways to promote your book. Since I have a budget of $0, I decided to stick with the free options. Each of the following sites will freely promote your book on the days that you are offering it for free (they also will take your money, if you want additional advertising). Assuming I did it right, each of these sites will have a listing promoting my book tomorrow:

Indie Books List
Pixel of Ink
World Literary Cafe
Free Books Hub
Bargain eBook Hunter
Free eBooks Daily
Kindle Boards - The Book Bazaar (forum)
Digital Book Today (Requires your book to have 10+ reviews and a 4.0+ rating. Since I do not have any reviews yet, I skipped this site.)
Ereader News Today (I skipped this one too, due to it requiring at least 2 reviews and a 4.0+ rating)
Free Kindle Books and Tips (Also skipped, as they require 4.0+ rating - though they don't specify how many.)

Of course, one of the options overlooked by both of the sites I took my inspiration from are all of the Free Stuff sites on the internet. I started off at Hey, It's Free! then went to Totally Free Crap. Each site had a number of similar sites listed on their side bars, allowing me access to numerous sites with which to promote my book. I then proceeded to compose a short message to each of them (probably about 10-15 in all). We'll see shortly who decided to take the bait.

I even managed to get promoted on Superhero Novels, meaning my fellow nerds will hopefully check the book out as well.

And best of all? All of this costed exactly $0.

So, now we just have to sit back and wait to see how well $0 of promotion pays off.

Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes after the promotion ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment